Only eighteen shopping days left until the Golden Mile register now.
Some Fake news about the Lucky’s Lake Swim Golden Mile is corrected below.
- You can only get the SWAG (goody bag) if you race. Fake News! You can register and still get all the great swag by doing our virtual Golden Mile Swim on Friday at 5pm the day before the race. You will not be eligible for awards or be chip timed (and who wants a chip implanted in their head anyway), but remember all money goes to charity (The Lake Cane Restoration Society) which works hard to keep the lake swimmable for everyone. Just email Lucky at LuckyJ@msn.com and let him know you are doing the virtual swim on Friday and he will have your swag ready for you .
- Kids under 18 can’t swim. Fake News! We have all age groups in this swim 10under, 11-12, 13-14, 15-18, 19-24, 25–29, 30-34 and so on.
- Only the 3 fastest swimmers get awards. Fake News!! Although it is true that the fastest will get real gold, silver and bronze awards; however all age groups will have regular medals for first through third and other stuff . check out the awards here. https://luckyslakeswim.com/thegoldenmile/awards/
- I’m slow so I won’t win anything. Fake News! We have several “Lucky Time” prizes.Random times will be drawn and the time closest to the “Lucky Time” without going over will win a prizes.
- The breakfast costs $25. Fake News! Breakfast is free for all registered swimmers and volunteers. Spectators can purchase a breakfast for $10.
- Regular lake swimmers that don’t register for the race will lose their hot tub privileges. Fake News! They will lose their shower and bathroom privileges plus any semblance of honor that they might have had.