Swim time on MEMORIAL DAY will be 7:45 AM
Come join the Lake Cane Restoration Society Saturday, May 20th at 7:45 AM as it celebrates 28 years of Lucky’s Lake Swim. There will be a pancake breakfast, the first annual Pool Toy Float Parade, a raffle for rain barrels and other cool stuff and, of course, the lake swim. You don’t have to have a pool toy float to swim but all the cool people will be towing one.
So if you want to participate in the 1st Annual Pool Toy Float parade here are the Rules:
- You must have been a swimmer that has already completed a Lucky’s Lake Swim (No first timers pulling a buoy)
- The Float must be “mostly” G-rated.
- You may decorate the float but don’t use any decorations that might come off in the water or pollute the water.
- Nobody can ride on the float.
- It is best to have it blown up before you come, or most of the way, because we don’t have that many air compressors.
- The float should be attached to a safer swimmer buoy for towing, you have to figure out how to attach it.
- You must take your float home with you.
The Pool Toy Float Contest categories are the following:
- Most dedicated to the Cause (determined by Lucky – The sole criteria for this award is who offers Lucky the most lucrative bribe if he get no offers he will award the prize to himself)
- People’s choice (Jerry’s pick based on dockside buzz)
3. Most Awesome (as chosen by the director of Awesome)
4.Silliest (determined by the so titled for the day Minister of Silly Floats-Hugh)
5.Most blatant product placement (Jay’s choice)
6.“What the heck is going on now” (picked by the lake swim matron saint)