Saturday is the day!! This will be the last update before the event. We hope everyone will show up we need at least 350 swimmers to make the record.
Check our previous blogs for all the details.
1. Everyone arrive ready to go by 7:45 AM (sorry no lake swims until after the chain is done)
2. Try to carpool if you can, but several neighbors are allowing us to use their front yards for the event so I think we will be ok with parking. We also have parking at St. Luke church with church bus ride to the lake every 15 minutes (2 miles away) Thanks David Stephens.
3. Please make a donation to Orange County Special Olympics (We will have a donation jar) Make checks out to Orange County Special Olympics – check are preferred, but will accept, cash, eggs, first born children etc. We are asking for a $10 donation per person minimum – if you are selecting the first born child option we will also require a $250,000 deposit and a prepaid college plan adjustment.
4. The event is honoring the Man O’ War Swim team’s 20th anniversary at the YMCA Aquatic Center – Almost all of our volunteer coaches for this Special Olympics team are Lucky’s Lake Swimmers. Many of our athletes will be attending the event. Please feel free to give them high fives throughout the event.!
5. Slice of Lime will be playing music during the event (They are awesome!)
6. At 7:45 Lucky will be giving instructions in the staging area.
7. 8AM We will be making links out of groups of 20 people. Each group will have a unique colored swim noodle. You will stay with your group in the water. Two swimmers will be linkers in each group one will wear a green racing cap and the other an orange. All group members will form their chain between these two swimmers. The green cap will be closest to Lucky’s dock the orange the furtherest from the dock. Green Caps will link with orange caps from other links to form the chain.
8. If things go smoothly (probably not) there will be a string of fishing bobbers in a straight line from the Lucky’s dock to Randy Driggers dock that we will line up with.
9. There will be paddle boarders and kayakers in the water. If you feel too tired to do the event flag one of them down.
10 8:20 -8:30 Lucky will sound a siren to link hands once everyone is in place.
11. The bell will be rung once the chain is complete.
12. When the bell is rung everyone swims back to shore.
13. After everyone is back we will do a Lucky’s Lake swim for those that are interested.
14. Make sure you come, it will be fun and you will remember this event for the rest of your life!!
15. Thank you Mi for doing a great job organizing this amazing event.